I had a blast at the 2011 Beale Street Music Festival! So many great bands and kind folk made for a dynamic experience. I recommend this festival to anyone who likes American music. Memphis, the home of the blues and rock-n-roll, makes a fitting backdrop for this epic event. Here is my top 10 list for the 2011 Beale Street Music Festival:
10. Don't expect to get near the stage when Mellencamp is playing!
9. Increase your food and beverage budget as it goes fast!
8. Bring a blanket to sit on when you need a rest, or it will look like you had an unfortunate accident!
7. Watch out for random tall people... Get to the stage early if you are vertically challenged.
6. Take a break from the festival and check out Beale Street - you will find some of the best musicians there!
5. Embrace the porta-potty - as that is pretty much your only option!
4. Seek cover at the blues tent, drink a beer, and listen to how the pros jam!
3. Charge that phone! You will surely lose your companions in the crowd.
2. Shake that booty! It is a party!
1. Getting muddy to Wilco on the banks of the Big Muddy is a sacred experience!